To enter foods, recipes and meals into the system:
From the Profile Page
Press + then choose an option – Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or Snacks
From the Diary Page
Press +Add Food
You can search the database via All Foods.
When searching for a food, enter the generic name of the food, not the brand. For example:
- "Cornflakes" NOT Kellogg’s Cornflakes
- Cola/Soda/Fizzy Drink NOT Coke, 7 UP or Fanta
- "Jam" NOT “Strawberry Jam”
If the item comes up, tap on it, otherwise press search.
Once you have found your food, either:
- Slide the food to the left, press the tick and then enter weight (to the nearest 10 grams), or
- Touch the food item, then enter via the size or number of servings (1, 1.2, 1.5) or by adjusting the serving size per weight.
Enter the individual items on your plate.
In all cases, press the 'tick' to enter. This will take you back to the page where you started.
When making favourite food choices, press the 'heart' shape to add them to My Foods. Search Frequent foods for those most often consumed.
Create recipes and meals and save them in your Cookbook. Next time you will be able to enter all the ingredients per serving with one touch.